All you need to know to optimize your Facebook remarketing campaigns
Anyone who has ever scrolled through Facebook has seen Dynamic Product Ads. Basically they are personalised ads generated from an e-commerce product feed that automatically changes and adapts the content and the message specifically to each user based on their preferences.
Optimize your product feed before setting up your retargeting campaigns
We can get these product feeds in many ways, one of the most common ways is through a URL. Having a product feed is necessary to create all sources of product related ads like Google shopping ads, Facebook, Pinterest or even Snapchat. When advertising platforms have access to the product feed they can automatically pull the information and create the ads that put your product in the center. Remarketing advertising formats such as Facebook’s Dynamic Product Ads use machine learning technologies that are incredibly powerful. That makes it possible for the platforms to generate higher conversion volume and return on your ad spend by delivering relevant product recommendations or products people have seen to users based on their interests, intent or previous actions.
4. Avoid greyhacks such as, for example, filling your product title with capital letters or with repeated characters such as spam. You will get penalised for that.
6. Include all your products, even those out of stock. Based on the strategy you are following, you may need all your products, for example for retargeting purposes. If you include products out of stock which is a preference for a customer, Facebook will show a related product.
8. Don’t use the complete product catalogue impact on new potential customers. Concentrate on products that can really make a difference, that will make you stand out.
9. Adapt your message to each audience target.
2. They allow you to show the right product to each potential customer based on its specific preferences. With a personalized message based on the relationship between that person and your brand.
3. This personalization will have an impact in ad performance measured in return of ad spent and overall conversions.
Although dynamic ads are a great marketing tool it can be a bumpy ride to set them up. Bloom and Adsmurai have successfully faced these challenges in the past with various clients and turned them into competitive advantages.
- MARIA EGOROVA, Performance Supervisor at Bloom
2. New platform updates
3. Keeping the product feed updated
4. Creatives management: If the feed is the engine, the creatives are the ones that allow you to do your strategy.
5. Workflow integration: How can your marketing and business team transform their needs and goals into a digital strategy.
Execution: How to control this raw energy into transforming into an implemental KPI that generates a real and measurable business impact.
2. Conversions API: this is a solution that Facebook is offering to address signal resilients on the web, especially when the pixels stop working. That is very useful because it will help you to improve your results. It will be mandatory by the end of the year, so we have to keep it in mind.
Also, there’s another challenge that brands often face: creatives. Often the images of the products are very simple. Some platforms like Google will require a withe background shots, on other platforms it can be very difficult to make a product stand out with such a simple creative. That is where Adsmurai creative management tools come in.