Dynamic Ads for Lead Generation campaigns in Facebook
Starting from the beginning a lead is a user who has shown interest in your brand through an implemented marketing strategy. Generating leads or Lead Generation starts in the attraction step of the conversion funnel and ends in the conversion step. When this process occurs the user turns out to be a lead with interest in your brand.
So, in that way lead generation is the process of converting a prospect into a lead. A marketer's main goal is to attract a prospect, interest them in your product or service (lead) and then nurture them until they decide to buy becoming a customer.
Let’s see how you can use Dynamic Ads to run a Facebook Ads campaign with a lead generation objective to harness your e-commerce performance.
As Facebook changed its “ads per page” policies disrupting the digital strategies your brand has been deploying until now, we wanted to introduce you: Dynamic Ads. These types of ads are automatically changed to adapt content and message specifically to each user.
Basically, they are personalized ads, generated at scale from a product catalog. The results you get using them are the main difference between dynamic ads and static ads. The ROI increases considerably and the click and conversion rate is usually much higher, which drastically reduces costs.
Although they were designed mainly for retailers to allow them to show the right product to customers, it’s power can also be harnessed for Lead Generation campaigns. What are the main benefits of using them in this kind of campaign?
- Scale ads creation: They allow template based ads adapted to each strategy rather than creating multiple ads per program. Dynamic Ads are a solution for the Facebook limit of ads per page.
- Show the right product: They allow you to show the right product or service to each potential customer based on its specific preferences, etc.
- Reach the right audience: Use a personalized message based on the relationship between that person and your brand, etc.
- Speed up information gathering with Instant Form: They allow you to use Instant forms, a native integration to achieve a frictionless first step for lead data gathering.
If your brand decides to use Dynamic Ads campaigns, there are a few challenges you will have to overcome. We have successfully faced them and turned them into competitive advantages.
- Data: How to get the right data into and from Facebook at the right time to maximise your chances of conversion for each potential lead.
- Product Feed: The core of the process. The raw material upon which the strategy is built, the tool that allows you to scale your ads.
- Creatives: If the product feed is the engine, the creatives are the levers that allow steering your strategy, how to turn the creatives into a clear & differentiated message aligned with the user needs and expectations to achieve your best.
- Execution: How to control this raw energy to transform it into incremental KPIs that generate a real and measurable business impact.
Let’s dive a bit deeper into these challenges and how to achieve success.
Challenge #1: Data Gathering & Integration
One common challenge when starting a marketing digital strategy is to maximize the number of conversions with the highest possible Click Through Rate. There are a series of integrations or steps that we consider mandatory.
First, we have the signals of online activity. There are 3 key elements:
- Facebook Pixel: It is used to measure web activity.
- SDK: The code that will collect the information of the app. Through the SDK or the “pixel of the app” we will be able to measure the user's activity, generate retargeting audiences to re-impact the user and even optimize campaigns to lead the user to concrete actions in the application.
- Conversions API: Solution that Facebook is offering to address signal resilience on the web when the pixels stop working because of the upcoming cookieless world. Now is very useful because it will help you all to improve your results, but the takeaway here is this will be mandatory for all advertisers by the end of this year.
To deal with Dynamic Ads is not enough with a simple implementation, but it is necessary a higher level of detail than usual that matches the product and the e-commerce structure. Sometimes it is hard to adapt to.
Secondly, we have the integration of offline signals, all of them occurring at a physical point or offline store.
This integration is not trivial, however, it can offer brutal insights for campaign optimization, since we go from being able to make decisions based on CPA (Cost per Acquisition) instead of CPL (Cost per Lead).
Collecting signals correctly has a direct impact on:
Offer the right products or services to the right audience to make advertising more relevant. If we track properly the user browses in our website we will be much more accurate with our advertising campaigns (matching interests, education level, etc..).
Addressing the right business objectives (instead of marketing objectives), and consequently optimize them.
Scale and maximize profitability.
Challenge #2: Updated Product Feed
The next challenge you’ll face is managing four Product Feed. It’s a file with updated information related to your product or service including name, description, URL of the landing page, price and other relevant data.
Having the right and updated info will boost your results, as you provide Facebook with all the raw material it needs.
We can help you generate a product feed from different sources, even human based, to include all the necessary data to achieve a dynamic ads strategy based on scaling ads with a clear & differentiated message.
Challenge #3: Creative management
The most common issue you face are the creatives, with the right Creative Management tool you can enhance your images to adapt them to the different relationships between consumers and your brand. This will also get over the issue of having similar messages for all the audiences. But how can you stand out among your competitors?
The competitive advantages of using Dynamic Ads are that your brand is able to deliver differentiated ads for different audiences and those ads are generated at scale. The creatives turn to be the main communication element and are enriched with contextual key information drivers for conversion (price, duration, educational target).
Challenge #4: Execution
And finally the execution, this is where all of this comes together, there is a way to manage and fine-tune Dynamic Ads campaigns for Lead Generation.
To make the best of your brand and help you achieve your business goals. Create a flow focused on nurturing qualified leads and run a full-funnel strategy designed to achieve success through experimentation and measurement of online and offline signals.
Dynamic Ads allow you to create a conversation with your potential customers through ads at scale adapted to your goals. With the same creative, you can have different templates to create different messages for different stages of the funnel. You are able to change the way your brand communicates with your target audience, with a clear and differentiated message designed to maximize ROI.
But, what is the real impact of all this process in your business objectives? Let's share with you a success story to see the return on investment your brand may achieve.
A successful case study with UOC, an online university that offers bachelor's and master’s degrees, postgraduate and language courses. Our challenge was to increase the number of quality leads in order to reach a higher conversion rate. In order to get more conversions, we designed a Dynamic Ads strategy based on an optimized feed and enhanced creatives.
UOC increased qualified leads by 22% and the conversion rate by 23% achieving an overall improvement of 50% while reducing CPL by 13%.
There were other improvements in impressions, clicks and cost per click a result of the Optimized Dynamic Ads strategy we ran.